Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Found this on a Swedish cooking website. Sounds good. Posted for ZWT6.
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (4 ounce) chunk smoked salmon, flaked
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped dill weed
- 4 slices toast
- lemon slice
- dill weed
- Heat butter in 10-inch skillet over medium heat until hot and bubbly; cook and stir salmon 1 minute.
- Beat eggs, water and pepper; pour into skillet.
- Cook uncovered over low heat, stirring occasionally, until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist, 3 to 5 minutes; sprinkle with snipped dillweed.
- Serve eggs on toast; garnish with lemon slices and dill weed.
really nice breakfast , i just discovered smoked salmon and love this combo , i also used dried dill, my batteries just ran out when snapping this photo, sigh ,made for best of 2014 Food Friends and Fun thanks lazyme for inviting me to play
I love smoked salmon and eggs together. This lovely recipe does not disappoint my friend. The eggs are flavorful, fluffy, light and tender. Simply perfect. I don't like dill so I added a little thinly cut slices of green onion, which worked beautifully in the dish. Thank you for sharing this quick and easy to make recipe, which I will enjoy again. Made for Best of 2014 Tag Game.
Excellent! I only have dried dill weed right now so used it in the eggs and omitted the garnish and that was fine. This would be great garnished with salmon caviar as well. Thanks for sharing.