1/7 Photos of Scrambled Eggs With Scallions and Mushrooms
Entered for ZWT. From Madhur Jaffrey's "World Vegetarian". Known as "Khumbi Wala Khichri Unda" in India. Serve this with toast or any flatbread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil or 3 tablespoons canola oil or 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 medium white mushrooms, trimmed and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced (using both white and green sections)
- 1/2-1 fresh hot green chili pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Put the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and set over high heat.
- 2When hot, put in the mushrooms. Stir and fry until the mushrooms appear silken.
- 3Add the scallions, green chile, and tomato. Turn the heat to medium and stir until the tomato softens.
- 4Add the cilantro, eggs, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the eggs gently until they form thick, soft curds or are done to your taste.
- 5Remove from the heat and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Scallions and Mushrooms
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 372.0 mg
- Sodium 145.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 13.5 g