Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe comes to mind quickly when I am planning on having company for breakfast or brunch. It's simple and quite tasty. You can make it in about 15 minutes, but it only lasts on the table about 5.
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces smoked turkey sausage, fully cooked (such as kielbasa)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
- Quarter the sausage lengthwise, and thinly slice crosswise.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch-diameter non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and stir until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add green onions and thyme and stir 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to same skillet; melt over medium heat.
- Add eggs and cheese; stir until eggs are softly set and cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausage; stir until eggs are just set, about 2 minutes longer.
I enjoyed this. I made a few changes to accommodate my likings and it was great. I didn't have any thyme, so I added oregano and parsley flakes instead. When all was done, I served myself this for breakfast with a side of cream cheese and ketchup. I will definitely make this again. THANK YOU!!!