Recipe by lazyme
This recipe comes to mind quickly when I am planning on having company for breakfast or brunch. It's simple and quite tasty. You can make it in about 15 minutes, but it only lasts on the table about 5.
Top Review by Aarti D.
I enjoyed this. I made a few changes to accommodate my likings and it was great. I didn't have any thyme, so I added oregano and parsley flakes instead. When all was done, I served myself this for breakfast with a side of cream cheese and ketchup. I will definitely make this again. THANK YOU!!!
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon coarse grain mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces smoked turkey sausage, fully cooked (such as kielbasa)
- 3⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- fresh thyme sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Quarter the sausage lengthwise, and thinly slice crosswise.
- Whisk eggs, mustard, salt and pepper in large bowl to blend well.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch-diameter non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add sausage and stir until brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add green onions and thyme and stir 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to bowl.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to same skillet; melt over medium heat.
- Add eggs and cheese; stir until eggs are softly set and cheese begins to melt, about 3 minutes.
- Add sausage; stir until eggs are just set, about 2 minutes longer.