Recipe by l'ecole
My late father used to make salami and eggs for breakfast. I can't find kosher salami in rural Maine, so I substituted Genoa Salami. Hubby added the jalapeno and then I came up with adding capers, so this is really a collaborative effort!
- 5 large eggs, beaten with a little milk
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced (seeds and ribs removed)
- 1 1⁄2 ounces genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1 -2 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1 -2 teaspoon oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice the salami and mince the jalapeno.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add pepper, salami and capers and fry until the salami starts to darken.
- Add eggs and turn heat to low.
- Scramble gently until the eggs are the consistency you prefer. Season with a little salt and pepper and serve!