- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese, stirred to blend
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon torn fresh basil leaf
- Italian bread, slices buttered with
- butter, and toasted
- 2 tomatoes, cored and thinly sliced (optional, in season)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add eggs and ricotta to a large bowl; whisk until blended.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over med-low heat.
- When foam subsides, add in the egg mixture.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until the eggs are soft-set but still creamy, about 3 minutes.
- Do not allow the eggs to develop a curdlike consistency—that means they are overcooked.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and a grinding of pepper.
- Sprinkle with basil leaves; serve at once with toast and tomatoes.