1/1 Photo of Scrambled Eggs With Poblano Chiles and Cheese
Barb Gertz's Note:
Serve for breakfast or brunch with hot buttered tortillas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 88.74 ml butter, divided
- 236.59 ml chopped onion
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 411.06 g can petite diced tomatoes with juice
- 1.23 ml chili powder
- 2 large poblano chiles, seeded and diced (pasilla)
- 118.29 ml chopped green onion
- 118.29 ml chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 8 eggs, beaten to blend
- 113.39 g crumbled queso fresco or 113.39 g feta cheese
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add onoin, garlic, and oregano and saute until onion is soft, about 3 minutes;Add tomatoes with juice and chili powder; cover and simmer 5 minutes to blend flavors.
- 3Transfer sauce to blender (or use stick blender); puree until smooth; season with salt and pepper,; return sauce to pan and keep warm.
- 4Melt remaining 4 tablespoons butter in large skillet over medium heat; Add chiles; saute until tender, about 6 minutes.
- 5Add green onions and 1/4 cup cilantro.
- 6Add eggs and cheese; Cook until eggs are softly set, stirring occasionally, about 4 minutes.
- 7Divide eggs among 4 plates; Spoon sauce over; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cilantro.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Poblano Chiles and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 359.8
- Calories from Fat 247
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.0 g
- Cholesterol 468.8 mg
- Sodium 493.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: