kelly in TO's Note:
Low GI breakfast eggs on a Wholewheat English muffin.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the eggs in a bowl and use a fork to whisk together, set aside.
- 2Heat the oil with half the butter in a large skillet over a medium-high heat until frothy. Reduce the heat to medium, add the leeks, and stir around for about 5 minutes until wilted. Use a slotted spoon to remove the leeks from the skillet and set aside.
- 3Add the remaining butter to the oil in the skillet. Season the eggs to taste with salt and pepper, then pour them into the skillet, reduce the heat to medium low and cook stirring for 1.5 minutes. or until the eggs begin to set.
- 4Return the leeks to the skillet and stir into the eggs until the eggs have reached desired consistency.
- 5Spoon the egg and leeks over the hot muffins and serve.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Leeks
Serving Size: 1 (194 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.4
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 428.0 mg
- Sodium 578.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 18.7 g