Prep 3 mins
Cook 8 mins
A girlfriend put me onto this recipe from Taste.com.au
- 7 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup cream (125ml thin cream)
- salt (to taste)
- cracked black pepper (to taste)
- 40 g butter
- 2 tablespoons herbs (parsley, chives and dill leaves)
- 4 bagels (split)
- 100 g smoked salmon (flaked into pieces)
- Whisk eggs, cream and salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan over medium high heat until foaming.
- Add egg mixture, sprinkle with herbs and cook for 3 minutes.
- Gently draw in edges with a fork to allow uncooked egg to run underneath and cook until eggs are just set.
- Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, place bagels in a toaster or oven grill (broil) and toast until golden brown.
- Spoon eggs onto bagels and top with flaked salmon.
I enjoyed this for brunch last week I'm Pat, it was awesome. Made exactly as written but scaled down for one. It had the perfect balance of flavor and textures. I served the scrambled eggs and norwegian smoked steelhead salmon on a toasted sesame bagel for a real treat. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again, it was so quick and easy. Made for 123 Tag
Wonderful and an easy way to use up smoked salmon. Perfect as printed.
I used lemon thyme, dill and parsley for the herbs and a toasted seven grain bagel. I mixed the salmon with a bit of cream cheese I had left over from another recipe. This turned out so tasty. Lovely breakfast, thanks for sharing your recipe.