Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Scrambled eggs made this way is more of comfort food, the addition of fresh cilantro and flavorful fragant green chilli makes it a Sunday Brunch favorite Or as a side dish for a light evening meal , also good for those just getting over a fever, cold as it helps kick start the tastebuds again! I go all the way and make it with Butter- Note do not let the eggs get hard or dry by overcooking them. These can be served with Hot toast. Or as a filling in for a wholewheat wrap e.g. a tortilla or Indian flat bread cook the eggs a little more
- 4 large eggs
- 1 -2 medium green chili, chopped fine (the larger the chilli the less heat)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste (if using salted butter use less salt)
- In a bowl add eggs, salt, water and beat till whites and yolks are well blended. Fold in the chopped Cilantro & chillis.
- In a skillet on medium heat add oil & butter till melted-- add the egg mixture, let the eggs cook and keep mixing with a slow movement till egg mixture takes shape ,keep folding, lightly stirring till mixture is not runny. Switch off the heat. The cooked eggs should have a sheen on the surface and should slip off easily from the skillet without sticking.
- SERVE with hot toast no need to butter the toast.
- Use it as a filling with a tortilla but you will have to cook the eggs a minute more.
This was a delightful brunch egg recipe - I love cilantro so used lots. I cut the recipe back to 2 eggs(1 serving). Used 1 large Jalapeno. Will make again 5 Dec 2010 Made again and enjoyed just as much
We had this for brunch today with recipe #211460. We don't like cilantro, so I used basil instead, but it was still great. Enjoyed by all. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
I have tried this recipe numerous times and it is my absolute favourite. Of all the different stlyes of eggs one can cook, this is the ultimate comfort food !