Found on alleasyrecipes.com. Posted for ZWT8- India.
Make and share this Scrambled Eggs With Coriander and Ginger (Ekuri Parsri) recipe from Food.com.
- 6 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon scraped finely chopped ginger
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped coriander (cilantro)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh hot red chili peppers (or green)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Break eggs into a deep bowl and mix them lightly with a whisk or fork. Add the milk, salt and black pepper, stir until all of the ingredients are well combined. Do not overbeat or allow the egg-and-milk mixture to foam or become frothy.
- In a 10 inch skillet, heat the ghee over moderate heat until a drop of water flicked into it splutters instantly. Add the ginger and fry for 10 seconds, then add the onions and fry about 1 minute, until they are soft but not brown.
- Pour in the beaten egg mixture and sprinkle the top with the fresh chili. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible point and, stirring constantly with the flat of a table fork or a rubber spatula, cook the eggs until they begin to form soft, creamy curds. Immediately spread the eggs on a heated serving plate, sprinkle the top with cumin and serve.
- Ekuri is traditionally garnished with slices or wedges of fresh tomato and may be further embellished with sprigs or leaves of coriander. It is usually accompanied by plain parathas.
Brunch today is delish! Enjoyed over naan. I added the turmeric and cumin into theegg mixture, (doesn`t state where n when to add the turmeric). Made half the amount for 2 of us.
Thank you made for Lively Lemon Lovelies of ZWT #8 . Namaste"
I loved this simple egg dish! I skipped the jalapeno (I should say forgot the jalapeno) and squirted some Tabasco green sauce on top. Recipe didn't indicate when to add the turmeric and I sprinkled some on top of the cooked eggs. Cooking the eggs on low was taking forever and I increased the heat to medium-low. Garnished with fresh cilantro, Walla Walla onions and a variety of heirloom tomatoes! Served with steamed veggies: broccoli, green beans, carrots, zucchini and Spring Green Salad. Will make this again very soon! Thanks for posting! Reviewed for ZWT 8.