Modified from a recipe found on coconutoilcooking.com.
Make and share this Scrambled Eggs With Coconut Oil recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to a setting just above medium but *don’t* add the coconut oil.
- In a glass measuring bowl whisk together the eggs with the milk.
- Melt the coconut oil in the frying pan. [As soon as] the oil has melted and is clear, add the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon or whisk, stir gently, distributing all the runny parts of the egg so they scramble and cook evenly. This only took less than 1 minute on our gas stove top.
- We garnished our eggs with a little bit of salt, cracked black pepper and fresh chives from our garden (including a few chive blossom petals on top for presentation and color.) The eggs were accompanied by corn tortillas, too.
I really enjoyed these quick and easy to make scrambled eggs. The eggs were light and fluffy and tasted great. I loved the addition of the coconut oil, it gave the eggs a nice flavor and kept them from being greasy. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again.
Coconut oil is my new 'Go To' oil in the kitchen. These eggs were delicious!
When I saw coconut oil in this I had to make. T<br/>Love the benefits and flavor of coconut.<br/>The eggs were nice and fluffy. I served with garlic chives and sliced purple tomatoes.<br/>Thanks