Prep 3 mins
Cook 1 min
Modified from a recipe found on coconutoilcooking.com.
- 6 large eggs
- 6 teaspoons milk (1 teaspoon for each egg- can use unsweetened non-dairy milk, too)
- 3 dashes salt (1 dash for every two eggs)
- cracked black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon culinary coconut oil, for frying
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan to a setting just above medium but *don’t* add the coconut oil.
- In a glass measuring bowl whisk together the eggs with the milk.
- Melt the coconut oil in the frying pan. [As soon as] the oil has melted and is clear, add the eggs.
- Using a wooden spoon or whisk, stir gently, distributing all the runny parts of the egg so they scramble and cook evenly. This only took less than 1 minute on our gas stove top.
- We garnished our eggs with a little bit of salt, cracked black pepper and fresh chives from our garden (including a few chive blossom petals on top for presentation and color.) The eggs were accompanied by corn tortillas, too.
Wow; I would never think to cook eggs in coconut oil but I gave this a go and it is magical. They oil gave the eggs nice flavor, they were light/fluffy, and they were not greasy. I'm going to cook eggs like this from now on. Delicious!
I really enjoyed these quick and easy to make scrambled eggs. The eggs were light and fluffy and tasted great. I loved the addition of the coconut oil, it gave the eggs a nice flavor and kept them from being greasy. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again and again.
Coconut oil is my new 'Go To' oil in the kitchen. These eggs were delicious!