Recipe by spatchcock
Threw this together this morning to use up a huge chunk of Asiago cheese and also to help keep my ailing chive plant alive (it was getting overgrown!) This is a GREAT combination--Asiago is a wonderful cheese that's too often overlooked, and of course the combination of chives and eggs is a classic one. Enjoy!
Top Review by cyaos
I made this as directed with the exception of skipping the salt and it turned out quite good the first time. FYI - the second time I used grated asiago that had been frozen and thawed and they weren't as light and fluffy. Thank for posting a quick and easy breakfast!
- 2 -3 tablespoons asiago cheese, cut up into tiny chunks (I just do this as I add the cheese to the skillet)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter (For frying, I used nonstick cooking spray) or other fat (For frying, I used nonstick cooking spray)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together eggs, whites, and water.
- Heat skillet with your choice of skillet coating (fat or cooking spray) over medium heat.
- Add eggs, stirring slowly.
- Add chunks of cheese and the chives and keep stirring for about 3-4 more minutes, until at your desired state of doneness/texture.