1/2 Photos of Scrambled Eggs With Chives and Asiago
Threw this together this morning to use up a huge chunk of Asiago cheese and also to help keep my ailing chive plant alive (it was getting overgrown!) This is a GREAT combination--Asiago is a wonderful cheese that's too often overlooked, and of course the combination of chives and eggs is a classic one. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 tablespoons asiago cheese, cut up into tiny chunks (I just do this as I add the cheese to the skillet)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 -3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- salt and pepper, to taste
- butter (For frying, I used nonstick cooking spray) or other fat (For frying, I used nonstick cooking spray)
- 1Beat together eggs, whites, and water.
- 2Heat skillet with your choice of skillet coating (fat or cooking spray) over medium heat.
- 3Add eggs, stirring slowly.
- 4Add chunks of cheese and the chives and keep stirring for about 3-4 more minutes, until at your desired state of doneness/texture.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Eggs With Chives and Asiago
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 183.1
- Calories from Fat 90
- Total Fat 10.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 423.0 mg
- Sodium 249.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 19.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: