Recipe by diner524
Another recipe I found on "Food and Wine" for South American recipes. Here is what is stated about the recipe: "This hearty lunch dish is popular in Buenos Aires."
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 6 ounces chicken breasts, shredded (roasted or poached)
- 6 ounces baked ham, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 12 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- oven-fried potato (I posted a separate recipe, Oven-Fried Potatoes or use your own)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Add the bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and ham and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the milk, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt, 1/2 teaspoon of pepper and the chopped parsley. Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over moderate heat, stirring gently, until the eggs are just cooked through, about 5 minutes. Add the Oven-Fried Potatoes and toss gently until heated through. Serve immediately, with hot sauce.