Prep 20 mins
Cook 17 mins
This breakfast pizza recipe originally came from Pillsbury.
- 4 slices bacon
- 10 5⁄8 ounces refrigerated parmesan breadsticks
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 small tomatoes, diced
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain and crumble. Set aside.
- Heat oven to 400°.
- Unroll breadstick dough and separate. Starting in center of ungreased pizza pan, shape 1 breadstick into a coil. Add breadsticks to form a round pizza crust, pressing all seams together. Brush with topping that came with breadsticks.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs milk, salt and pepper until blended. Cook in same skillet used for bacon, stirring occasionally, until set but still moist. Stir in half of cheese; remove from heat.
- Remove crust from oven; sprinkle with 1/2 c of the cheese. Top with eggs; sprinkle with bacon, remaining cheese and tomatoes.
- Bake 5-7 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted.
This is a fun way to have your eggs and bacon. Seems to me it would be completely flexible, too - using whatever cheese you like, different veggie topping and ham or canadian bacon instead of bacon. I didn't have any parmesan breadsticks, so I used some crescent roll dough in the freezer (Recipe #152169) and spread some parmesan on top of it. Thanks for posting!