Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe I've adapted from Sara Moulton. If you are looking for a different and very flavorful way to have scrambled eggs, try this one.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 small onion, chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large serrano chili, chopped finely
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 8 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt or 1⁄3 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- kosher salt
- 1⁄2 lb plum tomatoes or 2 medium plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a skillet, over medium heat, until hot. Turn the heat down to med-low, then add the onion and ginger and cook for approximately 5 minute. Add the chile, cumin and turmeric and then cook for approximately 1 minute, while stirring.
- Beat the eggs with the yogurt and 1/2 t salt, lightly. Turn the heat to low and add the eggs to the onion mixture. Cook this all, stirring , until the eggs are just set, approximately 12 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cilantro and salt and pepper, to taste.
Yum! I made these for dinner, and they were hugely enjoyed. Easy and very tasty! Thanks for sharing :)
Made for ZWT 8 / Family Picks for the Lively lemon Lovelies