Prep 1 min
Cook 5 mins
My grandmother passed down this recipe after I had my son. This was one of his very first foods. Its easy to make, easy to clean up and easy to feed. Even the pickiest of toddlers will devour this simple easily digestible meal. After 10 years my son still asks for his eggs to be made this way and can even make them himself. It is still his favorite way to eat his eggs :) Also makes a quick on the go breakfast you can eat in your car. For adults add salt and pepper with your favorite cheese, spices or ketchup.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 teaspoon cheddar cheese, grated (optional)
- 1 large coffee, mug
- * Add all the ingredients into the mug.
- * Whist with a fork.
- * Cook uncovered on high in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- * Remove, stir with the fork and microwave an additional 30 seconds.
- * Allow the mug to stand for 4 minutes to cool and continue to cook. Fluff with a fork and transfer to a cool plate. Make sure the internal temperature is safe before feeding to your toddler. Great for older kids learning how to cook.
- Sometimes you must repeat depending on your microwave and how large the egg is that you used.
The method worked for us but my son wasn't crazy about the eggs. He said they were OK. I think they needed seasoning.
Now this is a great little recipe that my teenage kids can use! I have a powerful microwave so I did reduce the second cooking time down to 20 seconds which was perfect for me. The eggs were nice and fluffy and so simple to make! Thx for sharing this!