Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet hollandaise sauce mix
- 8 slices Canadian bacon, thin slices
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 2 English muffins, split
- Mix sauce as directed on package in 2-cup glass measure.
- Microwave uncovered on high (100%), 1 minute; stir.
- Microwave until mixture boils and thickens, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Cover and microwave bacon on high (100%) on high (100%) until hot, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Beat eggs in 1-quart casserole.
- Beat in milk, green pepper, salt and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high (100%) 2 minutes; stir.
- Cover and microwave until eggs are set but still moist, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
- Place muffins, cut sides up on serving plate.
- Top each with bacon slices and large spoonful of eggs; spoon sauce over eggs.
- Microwave uncovered on high (100%) until hot, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Made a great start to the day.
I added a dash of vanilla to the hollandaise and threw some golden hominy into the scrambled eggs. Used egg substitute to reduce cholesterol and it worked just fine. Very good light dinner.