Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
A simple take on a classic dish
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) jar hollandaise sauce
- 8 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 English muffins, split, toasted
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper with wire whisk or fork until well blended.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As mixture begins to set on bottom and side, gently lift cooked portion with pancake turner so thin, uncooked portion can flow to bottom of skillet (avoid constant stirring). Cook 4 to 5 minutes or until eggs are thickened throughout but still moist and fluffy.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave hollandaise sauce on High 1 minute 30 seconds to 2 minutes or until hot; cover tightly to keep warm.
- On large microwavable plate, place Canadian bacon slices in single layer. Microwave on High 45 to 60 seconds or until warm.
- Place 2 toasted muffin halves on each plate. Top each muffin half with slice of Canadian bacon, about 1/3 cup eggs and 2 tablespoons hollandaise sauce.
Yum! We really enjoyed these. I used a package of Knorr holandaise and these went together really fast. Thanks for sharing. Made for Name That Ingredient Tag.
I made these twice, once as the recipe was written and then this morning using Blender Hollandaise Sauce recipe. I cut back the recipe for 2 servings on Saturday for DH and I and then today for one serving. The only change I made to the recipe was to use regular bacon, is what I had on hand. The 1st time using the non-homemade was very good, but using a homemade recipe really put this over the top, just loved it!! Thanks for sharing this recipe, as I think I liked the scrambled eggs better than poached!! Made for Potluck Tag Game.
This was a great idea, because I don't always like poaching eggs and I love eggs benedict. It is also very quick. I could not find a jarred hollaindaise sauce, so I had to get a packet. I wasn't thrilled with it so, next time, I may just make homemade. Thanks for posting this. Made for Every Day is a Holiday Tag Game.