Prep 1 min
Cook 6 mins
I learned to make this when i was 7. Black olives are the best.
- 4 eggs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 -5 tablespoons chopped olives (, i use chopped salad olives)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed dried hot pepper
- Spray a medium saucepan with cooking spray (or use olive oil if you prefer), and cook onion until softened.
- Add olives and cook for 1/2 minute.
- Beat eggs, salt, pepper and hot pepper.
- Add eggs to saucepan and cook until set.
- Serve with pita bread.
I nearly ruined the recipe. I had some black cured olives in the fridge so I chopped them up but as soon as I put them on the pan I could smell that it it was wrong so I went back to square one. Definately the salad olives. I did the eggs like I do them for "Easy Omelet for One" and they came out lovely & light the hot pepper (I used a jalepeno) combined with the olives & onions gives a great taste to the eggs Thanks Najwa
Good. A change from the usual. I used stuffed jumbo olives which I chopped, sea salt, freshly ground black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste in place of the crushed pepper flakes as that is what I had on hand. We ate ours with rice crackers for breakfast.
this recipe makes a nice, quick meal, and i always enjoy finding new ways to prepare eggs! I made a few alterations-- i chopped up about 8 green onions instead of the regular onion and added 2 minced garlic cloves. Also, i used sliced black olives and 1/4 tsp of mild chili powder because that was all i had. Thanks for a nice, new dish!