Recipe by Rodney B.
Something different for breakfast, or try it for dinner. Sprinkle liberally with Tabasco or similar hot sauce if you like it spicier!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon sliced bamboo in chili oil (available at your Asian grocer)
- 2 teaspoons sambal oelek (aka pickled ground chili, also Asian grocer)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce (you guessed it, Asian grocer)
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 ounces medium cheddar (1-1/2 slices, pre-sliced)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray medium skillet with cooking oil spray and preheat to low-medium heat.
- In a bowl, beat together the eggs, bamboo, sambal ulek, fish sauce, and milk.
- Pour egg mixture into the skillet and scramble, continuously cooking and turning with a spatula.
- After a minute or two, when the eggs are about halfway cooked, add the cheese, chopping it up with your spatula so that it melts more quickly.
- Continue cooking and turning eggs, mixing in the cheese, until the eggs reach your desired consistency-- I like this recipe best if I leave the eggs rather soft and don't let them get dry or rubbery, but it's personal preference!
- Serve immediately.