Prep 0 mins
Cook 15 mins
A nice combination of three cheeses and tender asparagus. Great for a especial day's breakfast. From Sunset magazine by Valerie K. Weyand slightly modified.
- 453.59 g asparagus, trimmed of tough ends
- 473.18 ml egg substitute or 10 large eggs, beaten with 2 tbs water
- salt and pepper
- 14.79 ml basil leaves, minced
- 4.92 ml butter
- 113.39 g neufchatel cheese, cut into 1/2 in pieces
- 118.29 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- 44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Bring one inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Meanwhile cut asparagus into one inch pieces. Add asparagus to boiling water and cook until barely tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain and set aside. Beat egg substitute, salt and pepper to taste and the basil until well blended.Heat a large non stick skillet. Add butter and spread to cover skillet. Add the egg substitute; sprinkle with the neufchatel cheese. As the egg sets, use a large spatula to softly scramble eggs. When eggs are still a little runny, add the asparagus, the mozzarella and parmesan. Keep on scrambling eggs until set to your taste. Serve garnished with more basil, if desired.
Great scrambled eggs, very creamy. I will definitely make again. Made for ZWT6.
This was much better then my normal scrambled eggs w/cheddar cheese. The basil was a nice addition and made a wonderful combination of flavors. So give this recipe a try and I promise you'll love the creaminess of each bite. Made for *ZWT 6* I'm on Team *Ya Ya Cookerhood*
This is comfort food that is brought up a notch and was the perfect meal for us. I served with roasted potatoes and english muffins. i made this for ZWT6. Rita