Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Light and satisfying. (This recipe is from the cookbook "How It All Vegan".)
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- olive oil
- 1 medium firm tofu, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons Braggs liquid aminos
- Preheat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic; saute until translucent.
- Add tofu, turmeric, cumin, and Braggs; mix together.
- Saute on high heat for 5-10 minutes until moisture has evaporated.
Excellent ! Served these with oven fries and they were great with or without ketchup on them. Thanks for this healthy keeper.
Wonderful recipe, although whenever I make it I always change it somehow - add in peppers, tomatoes, soy cheese, or use it for vegan eggs benedict or breakfast sandwiches. PS - Bragg's Liquid Aminos is a soy sauce substitute. It tastes the same (not any stronger) but is calorie-free and much lower in sodium (5% USDA daily recommendation per serving).
Braggs is kind of like soy sauce, but stronger I think.