Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Picked this recipe up in a health magazine. It's a high protein snack to get you through the day.
- 2 slices brown bread (wholemeal)
- 3 large eggs
- 100 g baby spinach leaves (3 handfuls)
- 125 g feta cheese
- 15 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Mix the eggs together in a bowl.
- Cut the feta into small cubes and add to egg mixture.
- Put spinach leaves in a pan and drizzle with olive oil. Put the bread in the toaster.
- Once the spinach leaves are slightly cooked add the egg and feta mixture.
- Once cooked serve the egg, feta and spinach mixture on the toast.
Quick, easy, and tasty!
Not bad. I get tired of eating regular scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese so this was a nice change plus I'm trying to get my family to eat a little healthier. I blanched and froze my spinach in little bags so I can take them out whenever I want. I added a little salt,pepper and butter for a little extra flavor. Will cook again.
This actually made three meals for us! My husband and I both ate this, with enough for leftovers. The fact that my husband ate this and really enjoyed it is truly saying something. He even asked me to make it again! What a wonderful, healthy breakfast that is super simple to make. I buy bags of prewashed spinach on sale and stick them in the freezer so that I'll always have spinach ready for this.