Recipe by AskCy
A simple breakfast idea mixing the smokey flavours of fresh cured salmon and traditional scrambled eggs, served on toast.
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
I would give this a higher rating if the amount of milk is fixed. Like Zurie, I agree that this is way too much milk... The mixture would not hold together because it was too liquidy. Therefore, instead of serving it on bread like I had planned, we served it beside toast on a plate. It was yummy and I would make it again and cut the milk in half. Thanks for the recipe, I like smoked salmon and like to find recipes for it.
- 2 slices bread
- 2 large eggs
- 100 ml milk
- 5 basil leaves, chopped
- 50 g fresh smoked salmon, slices
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 10 g butter or 10 g oil, to coat the pan
Directions See How It's Made
- warm a pan and add the butter to coat it.
- mix the egg and milk and pour into pan.
- cooking on a warm to medium heat gently stir the eggs until almost ready for serving
- when the mixture is still a little runny add the salmon and chopped basil.
- cook for another minute so the salmon just starts to change colour.
- Serve on freshly toasted bread.
- spinkle a little extra basil over.
- if you have any left also garnish with a twist of salmon.
- eat at once.