1/3 Photos of Scrambled Egg Whites W/Spinach & Garlic (For One)
Emily Elizabeth's Note:
Garlic lovers and health nuts only! This single serving recipe is an extremely simple, yet flavorful variation on scrambled eggs. The cottage cheese adds a moist texture and the garlic gives it great flavor. Both spinach and garlic have wonderful health benefits (antioxidants, disease prevention, high vitamin content) and egg whites are a wonderful source of protein so it's a great way to start out your day! (Try adding cooked diced potatoes once and awhile - it's fantastic!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a non-stick skillet over medium/high heat. (Optional: add a tsp of olive oil if you would like more healthy oil in your diet).
- 2Cook frozen spinach until all excess water has evaporated (takes about 2-3 minutes - you can prep garlic and onions during this time if you like).
- 3Add garlic and onions to skillet and cook until fragrant (about 1-2 minutes).
- 4Add egg whites and scramble until partly cooked then add cottage cheese and continue to scramble with your spatula mixing everything together.
- 5Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until egg whites are fully cooked and cottage cheese is bubbly and has begun to evaporate. It should have a creamy yet solid texture. Add salt to taste.
- 6(NOTE: It will not get bubbly - or as creamy - if you use drier cottage cheese, like the ones in the single serving containers).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Egg Whites W/Spinach & Garlic (For One)
Serving Size: 1 (204 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.6
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 326.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 15.9 g