Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
a great weekend dish, it is perfect for company, or for a early morning brunch.
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 pint half-and-half cream
- 1 (7 ounce) can green chilies
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 10 eggs
- 3 avocados
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham
- In a large skillet, saute onion in margarine.
- Stir in flour, and cook on low for 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Add milk and cream and cook on medium heat stirring until mixture has thickened.
- Add green chilies, salt, pepper. Remove sauce from heat, and set aside.
- In In another skillet, scramble eggs lightly and add ham. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocados, and sprinkle with a dash of salt.
- Spread out all tortillas on counter, and spoon 2 tablespoons of the sauce, 1/8 of the eggs, and 1/8 of the avocados on each tortilla.
- Roll up and place seam side down on a greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Spoon remaining sauce over the tortillas.
- Bake covered at 325 degrees for 25 minutes or until tortillas are hot and bubbly.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over top and return to oven for 10 minutes.
- When serving, top each tortilla with a dab of salsa.
I used tomato basil tortillas for this recipe, skipped the cheese as I am lactose intolerant, love the addition of avacados. Will definitely make again.
When making this recipe I did leave the avocado out, but that was the only change I made, & I had a great 2nd dish to add to the breakfast table when we had 2 other for company! Very, very nice, & definitely a keeper of a recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Wonderful dish! I halved the recipe and left out the onions, otherwise made as specified. The sauce was fantastic and perfect with the eggs and ham. Hubby enjoyed his with the avocado, I enjoyed mine without. We like having "breakfast-for-dinner" and this was a great one - thanks for sharing the recipe!