Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 4 (60 g) flour tortillas
- 3 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped red chile
- 5 eggs
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 60 g low-fat cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- Warm the tortillas following the packet instructions.
- Lightly spray a non-stick saucepan with olive oil.
- Add the shallots and chili.
- Cook, stirring, over a medium heat for 2 minutes or until softened.
- Lightly beat the eggs with the milk and season to taste.
- Add to the pan.
- Stir over medium-low heat for 3 minutes or until just set.
- Place the warmed tortillas on serving plates.
- Top with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the cheese and coriander.
- Roll up to serve.
What a great breakfast idea, love heat of the red chili in this recipe and the cilantro.
I made these this summer but added something different.We had a lot of yellow squash this year in the garden so I chopped up a big one with a little onion and cooked in small amount of water and ww margerine.Cook til squash are tender and water is absorbed.I added them to the eggs in this dish.Added more bulk and flavor with only a few calories more.They are even more filling without guilt.
What a wonderful way to start off your New Year day with a healthful bite of this scrambled egg tortilla! I also used some diced habanero chilies. A high fiber, whole wheat tortilla rounded out the whole wrap. It was so good. Topped off with light sour cream and cilantro. Thanks Sonya!