This sandwich is good for breakfast or lunch. The onions and red peppers keep this from being just another egg sandwich. I toast the bread while the onion and pepper is cooking.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add onion and saute over medium heat until slightly softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add pepper strips and cook stirring occasionally until tender about 8-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add egg beaters (or beat eggs and add) to skillet and cook stiring often, until set about 2 minutes.
- Divide the egg mixture between two slices of toast, now top with slice of cheese and remaining toast.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve.