Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
My husband loves scrambled eggs, onions and peppers. This is a recipe he has fiddled with and really enjoys.
- 1 loaf frozen garlic bread, pre-sliced in half lengthwise (16 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon chopped jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- Bake the garlic bread according to the package directions.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, green pepper, and green onion in butter until crisp tender.
- Add in the jalapeno pepper and stir to combine.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add in the milk, salt, and pepper; stir to combine.
- Pour the eggs into the skillet.
- Scramble eggs over medium heat until desired doneness is reached; remove pan from heat.
- Place cheese slices on the bottom half of the bread; spoon eggs over cheese.
- Replace bread top.
- Slice and serve immediately.
I never thought I'd need a recipe for a scrambled egg sandwich, however I tripped over this looking at your Vegetarian cookbook and read it out of curiosity. There are elements in this I'd never thought of trying! Garlic bread, who'd have thought.. and Mozzarella not cheddar or American cheese. I love this recipe and since there's only one of me eating it went OAMC all the way :). Thank you to you and your husband, great recipe.