1 hr 15 mins
I got this recipe from the spring 2010 cooking club magazine. I haven't tried this yet, but it looks tasty
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons butter, unsalted and divided
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 10 eggs, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 (20 ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh chives, sliced
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese, softened (if unavailable substitute with cream cheese)
- 1Place oven rack in lowest rack position heat oven to 400. Spray 12 muffin cups generously with cooking spray. Melt 4 tbsp of butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 3 minutes or just until it begins to soften, stirring occasionally.
- 2Meanwhile, whisk 2 of the eggs, 1 tsp salt, and 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl until blended. Stir in hash browns until coated. Stir in onion mixture. Spoon into muffin cups (cups will be full). With back of spoon, press into bottom and up sides, making an indentation in the center. (Keep hash browns from spilling over edges to avoid over browning).
- 3Bake on bottom oven rack 40-45 min or until potatoes are tender and sides are brown. Remove from oven; run thin metal spatula around outside edges to loosen. Cool in pan on wire rack 5 minutes. Carefully remove potato baskets from pan; place on foil-lined baking sheet (Potato baskets can be made 4 hours ahead).
- 4Place oven rack in middle position; reduce oven temperature to 300. Whisk remaining 8 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper, tarragon, and chives in large bowl 45 seconds or until frothy and blended.
- 5Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Pour in eggs; reduce heat to medium-low. Cook slowly 2-3 minutes or until eggs just begin to form curds, stirring constantly with heat-resistant spatula. Stir in cheese. Cook 1-2 minutes or until curds form but eggs are still very creamy. Spoon eggs into potato basktes.
- 6Immediately bake potato baskets for 5 minutes or until hot.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Egg-Potato Baskets
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 492.3
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 383.0 mg
- Sodium 1107.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 14.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: