Recipe by **Jubes**
A Jamie Oliver - he suggests serving as a classy breakfast or brunch
Top Review by twissis
Made for ZWT-8 on the spur-of-moment when I saw BK's lovely pic & was instantly famished for breakfast. As said B4, any recipe title using the words "smoked salmon" will always be a 'twissis magnet". DH & I are both "breakfast hounds" & this made for a delicious & easy-fix breakfast. I used fresh chives from the garden of a friend & a generous amt of lemon pepper (perfect w/smoked salmon & eggs). We cannot get English Muffins here, so the eggs & smoked salmon were served over buttered whole wheat toast. DH is the purist & ate his plain. I used the sour cream, but admit I prefer the combo of ingredients w/o the sour cream as a pers pref. Thx for sharing this recipe w/us.
- 6 large eggs
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 English muffins, halved
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 140 ml sour cream
- 1 small bunch fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, quartered
Directions See How It's Made
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Whisk lightly and season with salt and pepper.
- Put your muffins in the toaster, ready for action.
- Melt half the butter in a small saucepan over a medium heat until bubbling, then tip in the eggs.
- Stir eggs continuously with a wooden spoon, getting right into the edges. Cook until the runny egg starts to thicken.
- Turn the heat off when the eggs are still slightly undercooked – they will keep on cooking in the warm pan while you're toasting and buttering your muffins.
- Split muffins in half and place in your toaster. Toast to your preferred doneness.
- Place the buttered muffin halves onto four individual plates and cover each one with a spoonful of scrambled egg.
- Drape a slice of salmon over each muffin half, dollop some sour cream on top and sprinkle with chopped chives and a twist of black pepper.
- Serve with your lemon wedges.
- Tip: To make things easier, toast your muffins first and keep them warm in the oven.