Recipe by 4-H Mom
This recipe came from my Mother. I love to make this for breakfast and sometimes we have this for dinner. My family loves this.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded American cheese
- 1 cup cooked ham, cubed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups breadcrumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons butter and blend in flour. Cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk, cook until thick. Add salt, pepper and cheese, stir until cheese melts. Set aside.
- In a large skillet saute the ham and green onion in 3 tablespoons butter until onion is tender. Add eggs and cook over medium heat until eggs are set, stir in mushrooms and cheese mixture. Spoon into a greased 13 x 9 x 2 inch casserole dish.
- Combine topping ingredients, sprinkle evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.