Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking for Two Magazine. Quick & yummy!
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened & divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Press bread, buttered side down, into 4 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt, & pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture;cook & stir until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 1-2 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.
I made this for 1 serving yesterday for breakfast and really loved with eggs made this way. I made it as written and served it with some fresh fruit for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.
This was one of the best breakfast dishes I've tried. Made for zaarstar, and glad I did. The use of bread as a crust was so yummy. Made just as directed.
What a yummy idea for a light meal! In step 5, I sauteed two cloves of minced garlic, added a sprinkling of thyme and 1/4 cup of sliced mushrooms, until the mushrooms had released their moisture. I cooked 2 rashers of bacon in the microwave between sheets of kitchen paper, chopped these up and added them on top of the egg cups with the cheese. We really enjoyed these and I'll certainly be making them again and experimenting with different additions. Thank you for sharing this recipe, Kizzikate. Made for Zaar Stars Tag.