Recipe by Kizzikate
From Cooking for Two Magazine. Quick & yummy!
Top Review by diner524
I made this for 1 serving yesterday for breakfast and really loved with eggs made this way. I made it as written and served it with some fresh fruit for a wonderful breakfast. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Made for Stars Tag Game.
- 4 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened & divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Flatten bread with a rolling pin.
- Spread a scant teaspoon of butter on one side of each bread slice.
- Press bread, buttered side down, into 4 muffin cups. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in bowl, beat eggs, chives, salt, & pepper.
- In a skillet, melt remaining butter over medium-low heat.
- Add egg mixture;cook & stir until eggs are completely set.
- Spoon into bread cups; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 1-2 minutes longer, until cheese is melted.