Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A Rachael Ray Magazine recipe.
- 6 slices bacon, halved crosswise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 4 large eggs
- 4 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium-high heat until crisp, about 7 minutes. Transfer to paper towels to drain; reserve the fat in a measuring cup.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and 1 tablespoon chipotles.
- In the skillet, heat 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Add the corn and bell pepper and cook until just heated through, 3 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining 1/2 tablespoon chipotles and the cilantro. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Wipe out the skillet with a paper towel, then heat 2 tablespoons reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Beat the eggs, season with salt and pepper and add to the skillet. Scramble until the eggs are just set, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Place tortilla on a work surface and sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese across the center. Top with one-quarter of the scrambled eggs, a dollop of the sour-cream mixture and 3 bacon pieces, pressing gently to flatten. Roll up burrito-style. Repeat with the remaining incredients.
- Halve each burrito crosswise and serve with the Tex-Mex salad.