Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
This uses refrigerated crescent rolls for an easy and very tasty breakfast. Great for a brunch. You can use different cheeses such as a Tex-Mex or Italian blend.
- 2 (8 ounce) containers refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 ounces deli ham, julienned
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 8 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 cup red pepper, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Unroll each tube of crescent dough (DO NOT SEPARATE RECTANGLES). Place side by side on a baking sheet with the long sides touching; seal the perforations to make one larger rectangle.
- Arrange ham lengthwise down the center of dough.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and milk. Separate one egg and set egg white aside. Add the egg yolk, remaining 7 eggs, salt and pepper to cream cheese mixture. Add red pepper and green onion.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add egg mixture. Cook and stir over medium heat just until egg mixture is set. Remove from the heat; spoon scrambled egg mixture over ham; sprinkle with cheese.
- On each side of the scrambled eggs and ham, cut 1 inch wide strips down the length of the dough coming to within a 1/2 inch of the ham/egg mixture but no closer. Starting at one end, fold one strip across ham/egg mixture. Take the strip across from the first strip you folded over and lay at an angle across the first strip. Keep repeating to the other end until ham/egg mixture is enclosed with dough. You are basically braiding the dough like you would with long hair. One strip over the other at an angle. Pinch each end together to seal and tuck underneath.
- Beat reserved egg white and brush over dough. Bake at 375°F for 25 to 28 minutes or until golden brown.