Recipe by FLUFFSTER
This is going to become one of your favorite Sunday breakfasts or brunches! Perfect for any time! Full of wonderful sausage,cheese, mushrooms, and onions!
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the cream and water in a large saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over low heat. Gradually add 2 cups of the Cheddar, stirring until melted and smooth; add the pepper sauce, if using. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cook the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, until lightly browned; drain excess fat. Add the mushrooms; cook, stirring frequently, until almost tender. Add the green onions and cook, stirring, just until tender. Stir the mixture into the cheese sauce.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring frequently, until scrambled. Add the sausage mixture and the salt and pepper and stir gently to combine.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup Cheddar. Bake until heated through, about 15 minutes.