Recipe by Mille®
Breakfast favourite with a twist
Top Review by Charishma_Ramchandani
Thanks for sharing this, Uncle Miller. Tonight, my brother(a very fussy guy for food) demanded scrambled egg for dinner with sausages. This was the first time I ever made scrambled egg in my life. Actually, I'm grateful to you - this recipe saved me, my brother, ate it happily! The only addition I made was of 1 chopped onion alongwith the chopped tomato. I used the ordinary tomato as I didnt have the plum tomato on hand. To be frank, I was all prepared to say, "Egg on my face", but, I ended up saying, "Long Live, Uncle Miller!", THANK YOU SO MUCH for this recipe :) It's simple, quick, easy to remember and good.
- 1 plum tomato, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped or 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 eggs or 2 egg substitute
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil (optional) or 2 teaspoons canola oil (optional)
- 1 dash paprika
- pepper (optional)
- seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the tomato and basil and set aside.
- Beat the egg, water and garlic together.
- Heat oil (or use non-stick cooking spray), add the egg mixture.
- Cook and stir gently until the egg is nearly set.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Add the tomato mixture and the pepper.
- Cook and stir until the egg is completely set and the tomatoes are heated through.
- Serve with toast or English muffin.