Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I wanted something different and nutritious for brunch so I came up with this low carb but very tasty sandwich. I served it with a glass of iced Rooibos-Lavender sun tea. Note: Make sure the eggs have cooled sufficiently as the mayo dressing will run if you don't. Note: I didn't add the cooling time for the eggs in this recipe.
- 2 egg substitute (I used 1/2 cup liquid Nu-Laid)
- 1 teaspoon celery (chopped small)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic chives (chopped small)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 slices smoked turkey
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- 2 slices low-carb bread (I used toasted Rye)
- 1⁄4 cup lettuce (shredded)
- 1 dash paprika
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Spray a non-stick skillet lightly with oil. Heat on medium high for a few minutes.
- Add the egg and swirl it round in the skillet then mix with a spatula much like you would scrambled eggs. Once its done, turn out onto a plate and refrigerate until cold.
- In the meantime, chop up your celery and chives and set aside in a medium sized bowl. Add the lime juice and give it a good stir.
- Add the Vegan Mayo with a little salt and pepper and a dash of paprika. Stir again to make sure the ingredients are all combined.
- Once the eggs are cooled down add to the Mayo mixture.
- Toast your bread until just golden. Add the shredded lettuce and top with the egg/mayo mixture. Top with the smoked turkey.
- Serve with a refreshing glass of iced tea.
- Bon Appetit!