Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This would be a great sandwich to make for lunch or dinner too! Freshly made and nice and warm - what could be better? You can serve this with maple syrup and fresh fruit as well. Enjoy!
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 maple flavoured breakfast sausage, fully cooked and broken into small pieces
- 1⁄3 cup pecan pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 6 ounces bocconcini, drained and cut into 1/4 slices
- butter, for panini press or grill pan (optional)
- maple syrup and fresh fruit (to garnish) (optional)
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sausages and pecans; sauté until onions are just softened, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until eggs are firm but not dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a panini maker or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions and mound each portion on one slice of bread. Top each with Bocconcini slices and top with remaining bread slices.
- Lightly butter the outside of each panini. Cook until both sides of each panini are golden; serve immediately. Serve warm and garnish with maple syrup and fresh fruit if desired.
Excellent! Very interesting ingredients to go well with each other! Sorry it wasn't made on Italian bread, Nif, but the guys voted for dark pumpernickel! It was still very, very delicious! Thnx for sharing your recipe! Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.