1/1 Photo of Scrambled Egg and Breakfast Sausage Panini
This would be a great sandwich to make for lunch or dinner too! Freshly made and nice and warm - what could be better? You can serve this with maple syrup and fresh fruit as well. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 6 maple flavoured breakfast sausage, fully cooked and broken into small pieces
- 1/3 cup pecan pieces
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- salt and pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 6 ounces bocconcini, drained and cut into 1/4 slices
- butter, for panini press or grill pan (optional)
- maple syrup and fresh fruit (to garnish) (optional)
- 1In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onions, sausages and pecans; sauté until onions are just softened, about 3 minutes. Add eggs and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until eggs are firm but not dry. Remove from heat and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, heat a panini maker or a grill pan over medium-high heat. Divide sausage mixture into 4 portions and mound each portion on one slice of bread. Top each with Bocconcini slices and top with remaining bread slices.
- 3Lightly butter the outside of each panini. Cook until both sides of each panini are golden; serve immediately. Serve warm and garnish with maple syrup and fresh fruit if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Scrambled Egg and Breakfast Sausage Panini
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 506.2
- Calories from Fat 302
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.8 mg
- Sodium 848.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 27.2 g