Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is something I started making when my children were little. I have made mini burgers with the same ingredients, but scrambled are just easier and faster.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (I use lean or chuck)
- 1 tablespoon oil or 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 packet Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups water (more or less as needed)
- 1 tablespoon instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (mix with 1 tsp. water if needed)
- 3 (30 count) cans refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- Mix ground beef with 1/4 cup water (this makes the meat break up easier and cook more evenly).
- Place onion soup mix and minced onion in 1 cup of WARM water to rehydrate and cook biscuits according to package directions, while you brown the meat.
- In a skillet (I use cast iron) melt butter and brown meat until it begins to stick and brown on the bottom of the skillet.
- Add a little water to deglaze the bits that are sticking.
- Do this 3 or 4 times.
- (Deglazing adds a LOT of flavor but can be skipped, but it really effects the out come.) After deglazing add the soup, onion and water mixture with remaining seasonings.
- If you prefer a little more gravy texture thicken with the cornstarch and water (slurry), or you can cook the liquid out.
- (I like the gravy.) Divide biscuits and top with the meat, pickles, and mustard or any other hamburger toping you prefer.
- You can serve this on regular hamburger buns or even hotdog buns if desired.
- Served on hamburger buns, it tastes similar to a Krystal burger.