Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is the end result of a number of recipes that I have tried and adapted over the years. The most recent "tweaking" is the use of Bugles instead of cheese crackers, an idea I gleaned from Recipezaar and which my son tells me was an excellent change. I make multiple roast pans full of this over the course of each Christmas season.
- 4 cups small pretzels
- 2 -3 cups cheese nips (I substitute Bugles)
- 4 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal (type oat cereal)
- 4 cups Life Cereal (square cereal or Chex etc.)
- 1⁄2 cup melted margarine
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 -3 dashes hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix first 4 ingredients in roasting pan.
- In a measuring cup mix together remaining ingredients & pour over cereal mixture.
- I cook uncovered and every 15 to 30 minutes I remove from oven, cover and shake to mix thoroughly.
- Continue for 30 to 90 minutes, or until mixture is hot throughout. I usually double the recipe (hence the range of cooking time) and let dry for a while in the oven after I have turned it off.
My family loves this stuff. Very easy to make. I used cheese nips but want to try Bugles next time. I baked in a roaster for a total of 45 minutes taking out every 15 minutes for a stir. This mixture would be good with some spanish peanuts as well. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Made for PAC spring 08.