Recipe by CraftScout
My mother started me on a weird tuna path. She felt that a "tuna salad sandwich" should have some "salad" on it, so always added lettuce, tomato, and whatever other vegetables we had on hand. When I started making tuna salad in my own home, I went further. :) Add or subtract ingredients according to your preference or refrigerator contents. Just a word of warning, only make as much as you will eat in one sitting, as it does not improve with chilling.
- 1 (12 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons dill
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 head lettuce, shredded
- 20 slices bread, wheat is especially good
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix tuna, mayonaise, celery, tomatoes, green onion, raisins, dill and salt and pepper together.
- Fold in lettuce. I have found this to be easier that to try to mix it all at once, and gets it mixed much more evenly.
- Spread on bread. (or you can eat as a salad, or put into a wrap or pita,or add a slice of cheese and heat tomake a tuna melt, etc. etc. etc. *grins*).