Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the recipe I made way back when my boys were Scouts. My friend loves it and between us we keep losing it. Now it has a home where I'll be able to find it.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Put everything in saucepan, except onion, green pepper and beef.
- Mix and simmer until thick (about 15 minutes).
- In another pan, brown meat, onion, and green pepper.
- Add sauce.
- Cook for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Serve on toasted hamburger or kaiser rolls.