Prep 45 mins
Cook 8 mins
In 'The King Arthur Flour Cookie Companion'
Make and share this Scout's Honor PB Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°; lightly grease ( or line with parchment paper) two baking sheets.
- Make the dough--in a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and vanilla.
- Add the egg, beating until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the flour and oats.
- Drop the dough by heaping teaspoonful (a teaspoon cookie scoop works well) onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Use the bottom of a drinking glass, lightly greased, to press each cookie to about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake the cookies for 8 minutes, or until they are a very light golden brown.
- Remove them from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
- Make the filling--in a small bowl, cream together the peanut butter, honey, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Assemble--when the cookies are cool, spread half of them with the filling, or if you have a teaspoon cookie scoop, use it to drop the filling into mounds atop half the cookies.
- Top the filling with the remaining cookies, pressing together gently.