Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Trail mix I make when I would go help out at Scout Day Camp. The scouts in my group will do just about any thing for a hand full. I make this in two batches on with nuts and one with out.
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- 1 cup peanuts
- 1 cup broken banana chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips (check ingredients)
- 1 cup chunks dried pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- Combine the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Either put in large bag or many small ones.
- Note: You may want to add other tropical items, if you can find them.
- Try sesame seeds, brazil nuts, dried papaya and macadamia nuts.
I'd like to have followed the recipe, but couldn't make myself add the banana chips (I usually pick them out of the trail mixex that I used to buy!), so I substituted a generous cup of chunks of dried Fuji apples for the banana, & it all came together very nicely ~ GREAT TASTING, TOO! [Made & reviewed in Healthy Choices ABC tag]