Scous or Scaws (Traditional Hotpot)
- This is best prepared the night before.
- Place the meat in a casserole, add water and boil for 1-1 1/2 hours. Take off the heat and leave to cool. When cool, skim off all fat.
- Bring to the boil again and add worcester sauce, mushrooms, potatoes, carrot turnip, parsnip, onion, leeks, sweed, stock cubes, tomato puree and peas.
- Simmer for about 2 hours and check seasoning occasionally. Top up occsionally with boiling water.
- Serve with red cabbage and triangles of bread.