Recipe by Scott Rhoades
Quick and easy sloppy joe recipe with no bell peppers and not so spicy that kids won't enjoy it.
Top Review by MidsummerNightSprite
This is quick and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. I did start with an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and supplemented with a couple Tbsp of ketchup. It still wasn't "sloppy" enough, so I doubled all the other sauce ingredients proportionally.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 4 -6 soft rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in saute pan over medium heat.
- While beef is browning, dice 1/2 of a medium yellow onion (or 1 whole small onion) and mince garlic cloves.
- When beef is browned add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer over medium low heat until sauce is at desired consistency.
- Scoop onto soft rolls and enjoy.