Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy sloppy joe recipe with no bell peppers and not so spicy that kids won't enjoy it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 4 -6 soft rolls
- Brown ground beef in saute pan over medium heat.
- While beef is browning, dice 1/2 of a medium yellow onion (or 1 whole small onion) and mince garlic cloves.
- When beef is browned add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Simmer over medium low heat until sauce is at desired consistency.
- Scoop onto soft rolls and enjoy.
This is quick and easy and I always have the ingredients on hand. I did start with an 8 oz can of tomato sauce and supplemented with a couple Tbsp of ketchup. It still wasn't "sloppy" enough, so I doubled all the other sauce ingredients proportionally.