Recipe by CookingdadVA
This is a very simple Carolina style vinegar based BBQ sauce. A friend of the family gave us this recipe several years ago and after a few tweaks and additions, this is the best BBQ sauce that I've ever had. You combine all of the ingredients and then enjoy. This is easily scaled up or down.
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 (20 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1⁄2 lb dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large container, mix together the apple cider vinegar, ketchup, paprika, brown sugar, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce and lemon juice. Pour into an empty vinegar bottle, ketchup bottle or other container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.