Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Soup Galore by Elisabeth Luard.
- 4-6 salmon steaks
- 680.38 g potatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 29.58 ml chives, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 177.44 ml butter
- 14.79 ml vinegar
- 2 eggs, hardboiled and chopped
- Salt the salmon steaks and set them aside.
- Put half of the potatoes in the bottom of a heavy saucepan, cover with the sliced onion and top with the other half of potatoes. Cover the potatoes with boiling water and add one teaspoon of salt.
- Bring the pan to a boil, cover and cook for 30 minutes. Five minutes before the cooking time is done, lay the salmon steaks on top of the potatoes and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return the soup to a boil and cover. The fish will cook thru in 5 minutes. Stir in the chives.
- To make the butter sauce, melt the butter in a pan and stir in the vinegar and hardboiled chopped eggs.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with the butter sauce.